For the surface decoration of household furniture, some folks will select wood grain paper, however some individuals will choose wood veneer. What is the difference between the two?
What’s wood grain paper?
Wood grain paper is a kind of skin decorative paper, its raw material is wood pulp kraft paper, with high strength. It’s primarily used for adornment or trimming of furniture, speaker and other household and office supplies.
Different uses embrace: plastic packaging, cigarette and alcohol packaging, plastic calendar, ornamental painting, etc.
The sample is printed by imitating the tree sample, the thickness is mostly 0.5 ~ 1.0 mm, and the surface is smooth and glossy.
Veneer (commonly known as: veneer; English: veneer; hereinafter referred to as veneer) and its veneer ornament trade started within the Fifties, after half a century of development, it has a considerable scale. Especially up to now decades, with the leaping growth of China’s furniture manufacturing business and ornament business, its development is advancing by leaps and bounds, and a big number of industry specialists have emerged. The thin wood base materials is a kind of precious tree species with stunning sample and good quality, and the production requires large diameter, which usually limits its development.
The distinction between wood grain paper and veneer:
1. Wood grain paper, also known as poly paper, is a kind of skin decorative paper, which is usually used for surface therapy of board. After sticking the board, it still needs to be painted. Wood skin is a semi natural decorative material.
2. The pattern on the paper is printed; the sample on the veneer is the sample of high-quality wood itself.
3. The thickness of wood grain paper is mostly 0.5 ~ 1.zero mm; the thickness of wood skin is mostly 1.zero ~ 2.zero mm.
4. According to the completely different supplies, wood grain paper can be used for surface or trimming of decoration and furniture; wood veneer is mainly used for surface in high-grade decoration.
5. The value of wood grain paper is mostly low; the price of wood veneer is generally high.
6. There are lots of home products of wood grain paper, and most valuable tree species in wood bark can only be imported.
Wood paper and veneer can be used in furniture surface ornament, however no matter from the fabric, specification, thickness, worth and different facets, there are some variations between wood paper and veneer, you may select according to your precise situation. This is the distinction between wood grain paper and veneer. For more information, please continue to pay attention to decoration.