New Zealand presents a range of visa options for companions and children

Sharing is caring!


In case you are applying for a New Zealand visa based mostly in your relationship, you and your associate might want to meet certain criteria.

Your companionship needs to be real and stable.

You should be living together with your partner.

You could meet well being and character requirements.

You need to have the support of your partner.

Your associate should be eligible to assist your application.

Check the particular necessities for your situation as they range for temporary and resident visas.

If you’re an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you additionally could also be able to sponsor a associate’s visa. Nonetheless, you’ll need to prove that New Zealand is your main place of residence earlier than you may help the application.

You should also consider all visa options for coming to New Zealand, as some are eligible for more companies than others.

Temporary visas

You may apply for a short lived work or customer visa to be together with your companion in New Zealand in case you both meet the criteria.

If your application depends on your companion’s short-term visa, your visa will only be legitimate for a similar time period as theirs.

If your companion is a New Zealand citizen or resident you may apply for a work or visitor visa of between 12- 24 months period, relying on the length of the relationship.

Resident visas

You may be included as a secondary applicant in your partner’s application underneath most resident visa classes, including beneath the Expert Migrant Class or Residence from Work. There could also be an English language requirement for these applications.

You may as well apply for a resident visa if you’re in a relationship with a New Zealand citizen or resident, under the Family Companionship category.


Your dependent children can apply to join you in New Zealand. The Immigration New Zealand website defines when a child is considered dependent.

Short-term visa

Your dependent children can apply for student or visitor visas to be with you in New Zealand.

School-aged dependent children want a student visa to be able to attend main, intermediate or secondary schools. Children youthful than school age can apply for a visitor visa. A student visa isn’t needed and will not be granted to attend pre-school in New Zealand.

Resident visa

Your dependent children will be included as secondary candidates in your residence application.

If you’re already a New Zealand citizen or resident, your children can apply under the dependent child category. In the event that they’re over 16, they could need to meet English language requirements.

If you have any kind of questions pertaining to where and how you can make use of Medical waiver for a resident visa and HIV Hepatitis B New Zealand, you could call us at our web site.